Thursday 22 September 2011

Hawass Apologises

.
Dr Zahi Hawass was scheduled to hold a public lecture in Brussels on the 15th of July 2011 as part of the accompanying program of the exhibition ‘Tutankhamun – His Tomb and His Treasures’. The lecture had been postponed to a new date, 23rd of September, but Dr Hawass has informed the organizers that he would be unable to attend. It will be delivered now as a live transmission from Cairo via satellite, with free entrance. In his statement, Dr Hawass said today:
“I am writing to apologize that I will not be able to give my scheduled lecture in person in Brussels. Due to the difficult situation here in Egypt, I am not currently able to travel. I am very sorry about this, and appreciate your understanding. I do hope very much, that my lecture, which I will hold live at 25TV’s “Nile Studio” in Cairo this Friday night, will be acceptable".
Dr Hawass is currently banned from leaving the country because procurators are continuing their investigations of charges which have been brought against him.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.